FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 22, 2020
Rebecca E. Farbo
Chief Marketing Officer
PHILLIPS LYTLE TO HOST ENERGY LAW WEBINAR TITLED “NEW YORK STATE PROPOSES TRANSFORMATIONAL ECONOMY-WIDE ENERGY ROADMAP FOR MEETING 2030 TARGETS”
Buffalo, N.Y. – Phillips Lytle LLP will host an Energy Law Webinar titled, “New York State Proposes Transformational Economy-Wide Energy Roadmap for Meeting 2030 Targets.” The event will take place on Wednesday, July 22nd at 1:00 p.m. via Go To Meeting. Dennis W. Elsenbeck, Head of Energy and Sustainability, Phillips Lytle Energy Consulting Services, will moderate the panel discussion.
Two New York State regulatory agencies co-authored a complex proposal to fundamentally transform the State’s energy system to achieve 70% renewable energy in less than 10 years. The proposal is driven by the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act’s (CLCPA) mandate that the New York State Public Service Commission establish a comprehensive renewable energy program by June 2021. This will be the most transformational decade for New York State’s energy supply and power grid. No business will be untouched economically or otherwise – now is the time to be a part of the conversation.
- What constitutes a renewable energy system under the CLCPA?
- How will NYSERDA’s programs evolve to meet the challenges posed by the CLCPA?
- What role will offshore wind play in achieving the CLCPA’s goals?
- The CLCPA requires 35% of clean energy benefits to be distributed to disadvantaged communities – how will this mandate shape market opportunities?
- What requirements will be imposed on load serving entities to achieve the goals of the CLCPA?
Phillips Lytle attorneys on the panel: