FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 29, 2016
Oliver F. Hays
Phillips Lytle LLP
PHILLIPS LYTLE LLP UNVEILS PROGRESSIVE NEW BRAND CAMPAIGN DRIVEN BY ANALYTICS AND CLIENT FEEDBACK
Firm Named Among Law Firms with the Best Client Relationships by BTI Consulting Group
Buffalo, N.Y. – Phillips Lytle LLP unveiled a new brand campaign driven by analytics and client feedback. The launch comes as the firm was named by BTI Consulting Group to be among the nation’s elite law firms in several categories.
The firm’s new advertising campaign, “The Phillips Lytle Way,” communicates Phillips Lytle’s focus on superior client service at the center of its culture and business strategy. The theme, ownable only to Phillips Lytle, is based on research and data gathered from the firm’s clients and the legal industry.
To develop the new campaign, Phillips Lytle engaged in a three-step process:
- Evaluated more than eight years of client feedback gathered in its systematic client satisfaction assessment process;
- Studied research conducted by BTI, revealing the most important elements of service to legal decision-makers;
- Interviewed a sampling of corporate Fortune 1000 in-house attorneys across the U.S. on, among other topics, how these companies select outside counsel
“The campaign is consistent with our brand position and communicates the benefit of the firm’s ‘passionate people, pragmatic approach’ ideals,” said Phillips Lytle Chief Marketing Officer Rebecca E. Farbo. “We put significant research behind our campaign, and determined that client service excellence is the cornerstone of maintaining long-term client relationships. We know that because we have maintained several key client relationships for decades and a few for more than a century.”
“Client service excellence is the way of life at Phillips Lytle,” Farbo said. “Months of research and face to face interviews with our clients showed us just how important superior service is to our clients, and how well Phillips Lytle performs against our clients’ service standards. We will continue to operate in ‘the Phillips Lytle Way’ to ensure we provide the highest level of service.”
Phillips Lytle received the following prestigious rankings by BTI:
- Core Law Firms: Consumer Goods – Leader. According to BTI, “on average, corporate counsel rely on 42 different law firms to meet their legal needs. Of this group of 42, only 12 law firms are considered core: the firms capturing 80% of the client’s work—and legal spending. These core law firms are in the most coveted position with clients and have the best access to the client’s most attractive work.”
- Most Recommended Law Firms: Consumer Goods – Honor Roll. “Recommendation rates are the most reliable metric to use when assessing the organic and sustainable growth potential of a law firm. Fully 57% of corporate legal decision makers will hire a law firm based on a single, unprompted recommendation from a peer.”
- Law Firms with the Most Clientopia® Relationships – Leader; and Law Firms with the Most Clientopia® Relationships: Consumer Goods. BTI defines Clientopia® as “the ideal state of a client relationship. This is when a client considers a law firm as both their leading primary provider and the first firm they recommend to peers. Ultimately, law firm growth is driven by 2 key factors: winning more work from existing clients and securing more clients. In short, law firms with relationships in Clientopia® are able to use their client relationships as a competitive advantage and market differentiator.”
“To be honored by BTI as being among the nation’s elite law firms that achieve Clientopia® is another feather in our cap and validates our ‘Phillips Lytle Way’ message,” said Phillips Lytle Managing Partner David J. McNamara.
“The law firms who reach Clientopia® enjoy the strongest relationships of any law firm,” said Michael B. Rynowecer, President of the BTI Consulting Group. “These firms enjoy the role of primary law firms and these same clients recommend this firm – indicating a strong relationship based on client service and mutual investment.”
“In a competitive marketplace, our clients and BTI have told us that we distinguish ourselves through client service excellence, including our efficiency and value,” McNamara added.
For more information, please visit www.ThePhillipsLytleWay.com.