FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 22, 2020
Rebecca E. Farbo
Chief Marketing Officer
PHILLIPS LYTLE LLP AND THE COMMISSION ON INDEPENDENT COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES TO HOST WEBINAR TITLED “THE RAPID EVOLUTION OF ESPORTS IN HIGHER EDUCATION”
Buffalo, N.Y. – Phillips Lytle LLP and the Commission on Independent Colleges & Universities (CICU) will host a webinar titled, “The Rapid Evolution of Esports in Higher Education.” The event will take place on Thursday, October 29 at 1:00 p.m. via Go To Meeting.
As esports has experienced a surge in global popularity, it is no surprise that the industry is becoming a more formalized part of on-campus life. Whether it is competition, curriculum or simply social gathering, esports is here to stay. This webinar will detail the current landscape of esports on campus, analyze where the industry is heading and offer insight into what steps our institutions can take to keep pace in this rapidly evolving space.
- How the esports “boom” led to a more formalized approach to competitive video gaming in higher education.
- Current and future states of esports competition.
- Curriculum development to prepare students for careers in esports.
- Potential legal and compliance issues.
- Challenges posed and opportunities created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The future of esports on campus.
- Brandi Guerinot, Associate Commissioner for Compliance & Governance, America East Conference
- Richard Jacob, Esports Management Program Director, Medaille College
- Kyle Jicha, SAINTS Esports Overwatch Coach, Systems Engineer, Information Technology St. Lawrence University
- Joseph Schafer, Attorney, Phillips Lytle LLP