By Tracey Drury | Buffalo Business First | Feb 6, 2019, 11:47am EST
Event to Honor 25 Health Care Professionals
Twenty-five health care professionals were chosen for the inaugural Excellence in Health Care Awards.
This program is sponsored by Business First and platinum sponsors BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York, D’Youville College and Phillips Lytle LLP.
An event will be held in their honor from 4 to 6:30 p.m., March 28 at the Hyatt Regency Buffalo. For ticket information, click here.
The following were chosen by judges from among more than 100 nominations.
- Content Adams, R.N., school supervisor, Supplemental Health Care
- Timothy Adams, M.D., colorectal surgeon, Delaware Surgical Group
- Jodie Altman, campus director, Kids Escaping Drugs Renaissance Campus
- Colleen Babcock, parent and family support coordinator, Horizon Health Services
- Susan Bennett, D.P.T., president, Susan E. Bennett PT and Associates
- Michael Brogan, Ph.D., senior vice president for academic affairs, dean of the college and professor of physical therapy, Daemen College
- Cheryl Brunetti, care coordinator, Evergreen Health
- John Butsch, M.D., doctor-surgeon, Kaleida Health/Buffalo General Hospital/Great Lakes Cancer Care
- Anna Chen, D.O., director of women’s imaging, Windsong Radiology Group PC
- Jodie Chibi, director of interpreting services, Deaf Access Services
- Tiffany Cole, nursing faculty, Trocaire College
- Mary Comtois, director of health initiatives, United Way of Buffalo & Erie County
- Theresa Drum, quality assurance manager, Parent Network of WNY
- Deborah Erwin, Ph.D., director of community outreach and engagement, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Robert Ganley, CEO, Ivoclar Vivadent
- Kathleen Grisanti, M.D., president, Pediatric & Adolescent Urgent Care of WNY
- Joanne Haefner, CEO, Neighborhood Health Center
- Christopher Kerr, M.D., chief medical officer and CEO, Hospice Buffalo
- Elad Levy, M.D., neurosurgeon, chairman of UBNS; director of stroke treatment at GVI, University at Buffalo Neurosurgery Inc.
- Stephen Mercurio, president, The McGuire Group
- John Notaro, M.D., medical director and primary care physician, Buffalo Medical Group
- Tanya Perri, vice president of nursing, People Inc.
- Joseph Ruffolo, president and CEO, Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center
- Steven Schwaitzberg, M.D., professor and chairman, Department of Surgery, Jacobs School of Medicine
- Fuad Sheriff, M.D., primary care physician, Amherst Medical Associates