FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 02, 2019
Rebecca E. Farbo
Chief Marketing Officer
PHILLIPS LYTLE TO SPONSOR BUFFALO BUSINESS FIRST STATE OF THE REGION BREAKFAST “GLOBAL BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES AND COMPLIANCE CHALLENGES”
Buffalo, N.Y. – Phillips Lytle LLP is proud to sponsor the Buffalo Business First State of the Region Breakfast titled, “Global Business Opportunities and Compliance Challenges,” on Thursday, May 2nd from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at Phillips Lytle’s One Canalside office in Downtown Buffalo.
Phillips Lytle Special Counsel Jon P. Yormick will moderate a panel discussion of experienced international business professionals as they discuss the broad implications of doing business in the global marketplace.
The panel includes the following:
- Thomas Battley – Executive Director, New York Photonics
- Patrick Emmerling, Ph.D., M.B.A., CLP – Director, Office of Technology Transfer and Commercial Development, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Rosanna Masucci – Director, Buffalo Export Assistance Center, U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration
- James Kevin Wholey – Partner, Phillips Lytle LLP
- Albert W. Zenner – Vice President of Legal, Derrick Corporation
In addition to a Washington Outlook & Update, topics to be discussed include:
- Finding and Vetting Prospective Partners for International Strategic Alliances;
- Importance of Robust Compliance Programs;
- Federal Agency Enforcement and Regulatory Factors, Including FCPA and Economic Sanctions;
- Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) Update;
- Uncovering the Nuances of Deemed Export Rules;
- Global Opportunities for the Optics, Photonics and Imaging (OPI) Sector;
- Potential Export Controls on Emerging and Foundational Technologies; and
- NAFTA 2.0/USMCA Prospects.