FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 18, 2017
Tracey L. Mancini
Marketing Communications Manager
SIX PHILLIPS LYTLE LLP PARTNERS NAMED TO BUFFALO LAW JOURNAL
“LEGAL ELITE OF WESTERN NEW YORK 2017”
– Managing Partner Kevin M. Hogan Recognized among Legal Elite Leaders –
Buffalo, N.Y. – Six Phillips Lytle Partners were named to the Buffalo Law Journal “Legal Elite of Western New York 2017.”
Phillips Lytle Managing Partner Kevin M. Hogan was named a Legal Elite Leader. This recognition is given to the attorneys who run area bar associations, the University at Buffalo School of Law, and the region’s largest law firms.
Mr. Hogan previously served as the firm’s Trial Department Administrator and Environment Practice Team Leader. He concentrates his practice in the areas of environmental law, intellectual property, and litigation. An effective and efficient legal advisor, he counsels clients on environmental compliance at both the state and federal levels with respect to investigations and enforcement proceedings by state and federal agencies, and on environmental issues arising in corporate and commercial transactions. An experienced litigator with a track record of successfully resolving disputes, Mr. Hogan defends clients in environmental cost recovery claims, toxic exposure lawsuits, and engineering and professional malpractice claims. He also represents clients in disputes involving patents, licenses, trademarks, and other intellectual property. Mr. Hogan is a skilled negotiator who also serves as a court-designated mediator in the Western District of New York.
Other Phillips Lytle partners included in the Legal Elite are:
- Frederick G. Attea – Mr. Attea is engaged in securities and corporate practice with emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, securities law, corporate governance, and legal compliance programs. He also concentrates in executive employment agreements and compensation plans. In addition, he focuses on not-for-profit corporations, and is involved in programs for minimizing liability exposures of directors and officers.
- William P. Keefer – Mr. Keefer is leader of Phillips Lytle’s Health Law Practice Team. He counsels hospitals, physician groups, and other health care clients on a broad array of issues, including fraud and abuse, corporate compliance, transactional arrangements, payer audits, agency actions, and federal and state court litigation.
- Kenneth A. Manning – Mr. Manning has experience in bet-the-company corporate and commercial litigation, including dissolution proceedings, employment termination disputes, and controversies involving the sale of goods and services. In addition to personal injury and wrongful death claims involving products liability, workplace accidents, negligence, and environmental exposure experience, Mr. Manning has prosecuted and defended class actions in both state and federal courts. His background also includes challenges to governmental actions regarding taxes and assessments, as well as actions for declaratory relief. Mr. Manning serves as Phillips Lytle’s Education Practice Team Leader.
- Paul Morrison-Taylor – Mr. Morrison-Taylor’s trial practice includes the defense and prosecution of personal injury litigation (product liability, workplace and premises liability, and vehicle negligence), the prosecution and defense of commercial litigation (automobile dealer financing and operations issues, shareholder disputes, and ERISA), and the prosecution and defense of real property tax assessment and eminent domain proceedings.
- James W. Whitcomb – Mr. Whitcomb practices in the area of general civil litigation and concentrates in construction law, products liability, asbestos disease litigation, and zoning and land use.