FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 29, 2018
Rebecca E. Farbo
Chief Marketing Officer
PHILLIPS LYTLE PARTNER AND ALBANY OFFICE LEADER RICHARD E. HONEN TO PARTICIPATE AS GUEST SPEAKER IN STARTUP GRIND ALBANY FIRESIDE CHAT
Albany, N.Y. – Phillips Lytle Partner and Albany Office Leader Richard E. Honen will be the special guest speaker at Startup Grind Albany’s fireside chat series featuring successful business leaders, local founders, innovators, educators, and investors who share personal stories and lessons learned on the road to building great companies. The event will be held on Wednesday, January 31 at Pat’s Barn, Rensselaer Technology Park Campus, from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Mr. Honen focuses his practice in corporate, finance, and venture capital law, as well as complex commercial litigation. He is the firm’s Venture Capital Team Leader and provides corporate counsel to a broad spectrum of companies from startup to Fortune 50 and has lectured extensively, particularly on the topics of corporate law, venture capital, and angel investing. He also represents companies in complex commercial litigation matters.
Topics discussed will include:
- Giving Away Free Advice – Why It Works
- Legal Issues Affecting Private Equity and Venture-Backed Companies
- The Development of the Startup Ecosystem in the Capital Region before it became “Tech Valley”
- The Advent of Nanotechnology Law in Tech Valley
- Business Development – “How to Do It”
- How To Differentiate and Sell Yourself
- How to Bring in Business
- Tech Valley Isn’t Silicon Valley – and Why That’s OK
Startup Grind Albany is part of a global startup community designed to educate, inspire, and connect entrepreneurs. The organization is partnered with Google for Entrepreneurs and is in 300 cities and 100 countries, and reaches 1,000,000 entrepreneurs and others just wanting to learn.
Please visit the Startup Grind Albany website for more information.