FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 11, 2019
Rebecca E. Farbo
Chief Marketing Officer
PHILLIPS LYTLE TO SPONSOR ALBANY BUSINESS REVIEW STATE OF THE REGION BREAKFAST “THE GREEN NEW DEAL: WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR ALBANY’S BUSINESSES?”
Albany, N.Y. – Phillips Lytle LLP is proud to sponsor the Albany Business Review State of the Region Breakfast titled, “The Green New Deal: What Does It Mean for Albany’s Businesses?” The event will take place on Tuesday, June 18th from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Renaissance Albany, located at 144 State Street in downtown Albany. Phillips Lytle Partner and Energy Practice Team Leader David P. Flynn will moderate the panel discussion.
This program will focus on the various initiatives under The Green New Deal and the implications it will have on New York businesses. A panel of distinguished energy leaders will discuss their views on how this program will impact New York’s economy, as well as generate new economic opportunities within the State and beyond.
- What are the prospects of The Green New Deal becoming law?
- Whether The Green New Deal will be representing your business interests.
- Identifying opportunities that capitalize on The Green New Deal.
- How Energy Storage advances market participation in The Green New Deal agenda.
- Dennis W. Elsenbeck, Head of Energy and Sustainability, Phillips Lytle Energy Consulting Services
- Darren Suarez, Senior Director of Government Affairs, The Business Council of New York State, Inc.
- Julie Tighe, President, New York League of Conservation Voters
- Jon Williams, CEO, Viridi Parente, Inc.
Mr. Flynn’s practice is concentrated in the areas of energy and environmental law. He advises clients on business development issues and the regulation of energy before state and federal authorities. With respect to environmental law, Mr. Flynn concentrates on regulatory compliance consultations and brownfield redevelopment. He was involved in the first successful conversion of a former industrial brownfield into a modern manufacturing facility in New York State.
Mr. Elsenbeck provides consulting services on a broad range of energy-related opportunities encompassing a forward view of supply, distribution, and demand options. From his leadership role with a major U.S. utility for nearly 30 years, he brings to Phillips Lytle insight, analytics, and business perspectives on long-term policies and the economic landscape. He assists clients with due diligence and regulatory compliance on energy transactions; regulatory counseling involving Public Service Commission proceedings; energy procurement and utility negotiations involving government entities and municipalities; procurement consulting regarding the reduction of energy costs and review of economic incentives; market-driven integrated resource planning; and identifying commercial and technical issues associated with energy-related opportunities.