By Michelle Cioci, originally published in Buffalo Business First on Apr 1, 2019, 5:00am, Updated Apr 11, 2019, 10:19am.
Introducing the 2019 30 Under 30 winners
The co-founder of a New York City-based technology company that moved to Buffalo. An entrepreneur who started her business at age 9. The man who brought jellyfish to Niagara Falls.
Meet Katelyn Huber, Zandra Cunningham and Gary Siddall— three winners of Business First’s 2019 30 Under 30.
These 30 honorees have diverse career paths ranging from law to education, from accounting to manufacturing. Some have started a business, while others are making a mark at well-established local companies.
But they all have one thing in common: They are in the early stages of their careers and are achieving at high levels at work and in the community.
This class was narrowed from nearly 200 nominations. The winners were selected by six judges who have been honored in recent years. The judges:
- Matthew Escobar, financial professional, AXA Advisors LLC (30 Under 30 2016)
- Kate Glaser, director of marketing and public affairs, Mercy Flight (30 Under 30 2015)
- Darnell Haywood Jr., community office assistant manager, BankOnBuffalo (30 Under 30 2106)
- Rashied McDuffie, assistant corporation counsel, City of Buffalo Department of Law (40 Under 40 2018)
- Beth Potozniak, events and marketing professional (30 Under 30 2014)
- Gregory Straus, real estate broker/owner, 716 Realty Group (30 Under 30 2016)
Among the factors considered for the eighth annual award program — career achievements, leadership and initiative, community engagement and each nominee’s potential to become a community leader on a grand scale.
The winners will be honored at a happy hour and awards ceremony from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 22, at The Tralf at 622 Main St. in downtown Buffalo. For tickets, contact Event Director Jennifer Houle at 716-541-1639 or email@example.com.
The honorees are:
- Valery Amborski, adjunct animation instructor, Villa Maria College
- Adam Brasky, associate attorney, Rupp Baase Pfalzgraf Cunningham LLC
- Kendra Brim, project manager, BlueCross BlueShield of WNY
- Laura Caley, work/life solutions program director, United Way of Buffalo & Erie County
- Lucas Cellino, president, Cellino Plumbing/partner, Cellino and Wangelin Construction and Cellino Property Management
- Zandra Cunningham, CEO/founder, Zandra
- Juweria Dahir, external affair manager, City of Buffalo Division of Citizen Services
- Jasmine Fluker, director of program, Teach for America
- Sergio Gangarossa, tax senior, global compliance and reporting, Ernst & Young LLP
- Natalie Hathaway, medication therapy management pharmacist-intern preceptor, Independent Health
- Laura Hettrick, event manager, Buffalo Sabres
- Moudi Hubeishy, program director, UB Heals
- Katelyn Huber, co-founder/COO, CloudInsyte
- Nicholas Karl, architectural designer, Uniland Development Co.
- Brittany Kruse, community relations coordinator, Elderwood at Hamburg/co-owner, White Gloved Vegan LLC
- Timothy Kucinski, associate attorney, Phillips Lytle LLP
- Lauren LeRoy, owner, LeRoy Funeral Services LLC
- Malachi Livermore, director of programming and guest experience, National Comedy Center
- Jill Martucci, principal, Bonadio & Co. LLP
- Olivia McCarthy, deputy director, Explore Buffalo
- Amanda McFayden, program director, Dent Neurologic Institute Cannabis Clinic
- Jessica McKay, marketing and development coordinator, Mercy Flight
- Kimberly O’Rourke, environmental specialist 1, NYS Canal Corp.
- John Osberg, director of sales, DataSure24
- Daniel Poirier, owner, Fetch n’ Catch LLC
- Ellie Poleon, CEO, LE3 Inc.
- West Richter Jr., vice president, M&T Bank
- Gary Siddall, executive director, Aquarium of Niagara
- Stephen Tramposch, paper machine coordinator, Greenpac Mill
- Sarah Washington, associate, Goldberg Segalla LLP
For a slideshow of last year’s winners, click here.