FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 05, 2019
Rebecca E. Farbo
Chief Marketing Officer
PHILLIPS LYTLE LLP PARTNER RONALD S. SHUBERT TO PARTICIPATE IN PANEL DISCUSSION TITLED “MINI LAW SCHOOL FOR HOAS”
Buffalo, N.Y. – Phillips Lytle Partner Ronald S. Shubert will participate in a panel discussion titled “Mini Law School for HOAs” at a Western New York Chapter of the Community Associations Institute event on Wednesday, April 10th at Park Country Club in Williamsville.
The panel will discuss legal issues facing association and condominium boards.
- “How can we avoid litigation – and what if we can’t?”
- “Is it a service animal? Comfort animal? Can we be sued for discrimination?”
- “Do we have to allow solar panels and antennas – and what about those political signs?”
- “Did the developer do our community right when they bowed out?”
- “Who’s on the hook when it comes to fiduciary duty?”
Mr. Shubert currently represents more than 400 community associations across New York State. He has served the community association industry for more than 35 years.
Mr. Shubert concentrates in the area of community association law, including the representation of condominium and homeowners’ associations, as well as the preparation of Offering Plans for developers and sponsors of condominiums and homeowners’ associations. He also handles complex construction defect litigation and real estate tax certiorari proceedings and foreclosures.