FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 30, 2021
Rebecca E. Farbo
Chief Marketing Officer
Phillips Lytle Attorneys Named to Western District Court Inaugural Pro Bono Honor Roll
– Eleven attorneys from four Phillips Lytle offices recognized for providing pro bono legal services in their commitment to equal access to justice –
Buffalo, N.Y. – Phillips Lytle LLP announced 11 of the firm’s attorneys have been acknowledged as members of the Pro Bono Honor Roll created by the United States District Court for the Western District of New York. This recognition stems from a 2020 decision by the Court to encourage attorneys to provide services for pro se litigants and to accept pro bono appointments.
The Phillips Lytle attorneys named to the Pro Bono Honor Roll are:
- Erin C. Borek – Senior Associate – Buffalo, NY
- Erin E. Connare – Senior Associate – Buffalo, NY
- David L. Cook – Partner – Rochester, NY
- Colin X. Fitzgerald – Associate – Buffalo, NY
- Marc H. Goldberg – Special Counsel – Albany, NY
- Kenneth A. Manning – Partner – Buffalo, NY
- Mark F. Pincelli – Associate – Rochester, NY
- Linda T. Prestegaard – Partner – Rochester, NY
- William V. Rossi – Associate – Buffalo, NY
- Joseph Schafer – Associate – Buffalo, NY
- Richard Weingarten – Senior Associate – New York City
In a letter written in August 2021opens in a new window, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of New York Elizabeth A. Wolford lauded the pro bono efforts of over 75 members of the New York State Bar and announced those named to the inaugural Pro Bono Honor Rollopens in a new window. Judge Wolford also encouraged more attorneys to provide legal services free of charge to those who cannot afford them.
Phillips Lytle is committed to sharing its legal expertise in pro bono matters, and its attorneys will continue volunteering their services where needed to help ensure equal access to justice for all.