Phillips Lytle’s Mergers and Acquisitions Law Practice is comprised of highly accomplished and knowledgeable attorneys, several of whom are listed in The Best Lawyers in America®. Furthermore, we have been included in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business for outstanding capabilities in mergers and acquisitions.
This team brings the requisite expertise and experience to assist a wide variety of domestic and foreign clients with business combination transactions. Our experience includes traditional acquisitions, divestitures and mergers, as well as restructurings, recapitalizations, management buyouts and joint ventures.
Our Mergers and Acquisitions Law attorneys manage each transaction in a multi-disciplinary fashion, working closely with our Tax, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, Banking & Financial Services, Environmental, and Real Estate Teams.
A few of the many ways in which we facilitate the acquisition process include:
- Introducing firms considering an acquisition to potential acquisition candidates and finance sources
- Performing legal due diligence reviews with special emphasis on environmental, tax, litigation, labor and employment, employee benefits, real estate, FCPA/anti-bribery, and international trade compliance concerns
- Preparing letters of intent, term sheets and other preliminary documents
- Acting as either lead negotiator or a member of the negotiating team
- Coordinating and assisting with transaction financing arrangements
- Analyzing tax planning and transaction structure to ensure maximum tax and other benefits
- Coordinating foreign counsel, environmental consultants, insurance advisors, accountants and investment bankers
- Drafting and negotiating transaction documents
- Providing legal support for post-closing and transitional activities
Our Mergers and Acquisitions Law Team has represented both synergistic, strategic clients and private equity groups in business-combination transactions spanning a broad spectrum of industries.
- Financial services organizations, such as investment advisers, banks, collection agencies, student loan providers, automotive finance, mortgage brokers, international trading services and trade financing, dollar clearing and money transfer services
- Health care organizations, including hospitals, physician practices, ambulatory surgery centers, skilled nursing facilities, imaging centers, third-party administrators and durable medical equipment providers
- Real estate entities, including real estate investment trusts (REITs), hotels and resort complexes, restaurants, real estate brokerages and other commercial real estate businesses
- Consulting and service firms, including international consulting firms, engineering firms, advertising agencies and insurance advisors
- Manufacturing businesses, including machine tools, material-handling equipment, automotive products, aerospace components, plastic fabrication and injection products, HVAC appliances, appliance parts, medical products, cosmetics, furniture and computer equipment
- Foodservice companies, including food product distributors, manufacturers and processors
- General service providers, such as school transportation, defense contracting, environmental remediation, medical testing laboratories, and government research and development
- Post-secondary proprietary education providers
The Mergers and Acquisitions Law Team at Phillips Lytle has the expertise, industry knowledge and experience to assist our clients with nearly any issue that may arise before, during or after a merger or acquisition. This, combined with our track record of excellent, cost-effective service, makes Phillips Lytle an excellent choice to assist clients with their U.S. mergers and acquisitions.