Mr. Bartley is a trial lawyer with particular expertise in the areas of commercial litigation and mass and toxic torts. He has successfully tried cases in state and federal courts across the country, as well as in multiple arbitration forums, including AAA, FINRA, and JAMS, and before the Major League Baseball Players Association.
Mr. Bartley has extensive experience representing individuals and companies in complex commercial litigation. These clients have included Fortune 500 and major privately held companies, as well as directors, officers and other senior executives.
In addition, Mr. Bartley’s experience extends to cases involving breach of contract, fraud, insurance, RICO, real estate, insolvency and restructuring, and securities fraud. He also has significant experience handling matters involving complex financial products. His cases frequently involve class actions as well as individual suits.
Prior to joining Phillips Lytle, Mr. Bartley practiced in the litigation group at major firms in and around New York City. He also served as an infantry officer in a special operations unit in the United States Army, rising to the rank of captain.
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
Honors & Awards
- Selected for the New York Metro Super Lawyers® list, 2019
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 1998
- United States Military Academy at West Point, B.S., 1990
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Litigation Section
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Commercial & Federal Litigation Section
- West Point Association of Graduates’ Advisory Council, Class Advisor
- Fordham Prep Fathers’ Club, Co-President
- West Point Society of New York, Board Member, 2009-2015
- The ARC of Westchester, Board Member, 2004-2015
- Guardianship Committee, Member, 2001-2008
- New York City Bar Association Military and Veterans Affairs Committee, Chair, 2008-2011
- United States Military Academy’s Association of Graduates’ Alumni Support Committee, Member, 2001-2003