Mr. Hujer focuses his practice on class action, business and commercial litigation. He has represented companies in the financial, energy, health care, technology and legal-cannabis industries. In the field of cannabis law, Mr. Hujer has represented growers, distributors and other businesses in significant matters in New York State. He has successfully and efficiently resolved numerous legal matters, and has tried cases to verdict. He is active in the Western New York community and serves on the Board of Directors of Compeer International, a not-for-profit organization that promotes positive mental health.
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
Honors & Awards
- Named Upstate New York Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2016-2020
- University of Maine School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Alfred University, B.A., cum laude, 2006
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Litigation Section
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Bar Association
- Commercial & Federal Litigation Section
- Trial Lawyers Section
- Represented a global cancer-drug developer in billion dollar claims of trade secret misappropriation and breach of fiduciary duty against one of the company’s founders and a major competitor.
- Represented the residential board of managers of New York City’s Plaza Hotel in a multimillion dollar breach of contract litigation.
- Represented a federally regulated bank and mutual holding company in defense of litigation filed by a public shareholder.
- Represented a major professional sports team in numerous lawsuits.
- Represented a leading fashion designer in trademark infringement litigation.
- Represented the owner of a major convention center in a multimillion dollar construction delay and breach of contract litigation.
- Represented a Northeastern fuel oil supplier in numerous lawsuits.
- Represented an industrial hemp and Cannabidiol producer in an ongoing breach of contract litigation.
- Represented the manufacturer of architectural building stone in defense of a product liability lawsuit.
- Compeer, Board of Directors
- Saint Francis High School, Alumni Board of Directors
- Orchard Park Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Buffalo Niagara Partnership BN360, Advisory Board