Phillips Lytle LLP Hosts Annual Labor & Employment Law Seminars for Employers in Buffalo and Rochester
Buffalo, N.Y. – Phillips Lytle LLP shared insights into the most pressing legal issues facing employers this fall during its annual labor & employment seminars held October 11 in Buffalo and October 12 in Rochester. These seminars helped prepare affected companies across all industries for urgent matters that may arise in the weeks and months to come.
During the seminars, Phillips Lytle attorneys led sessions that explored unions in America, adapting to the hybrid workforce, protection from disloyal employees, and internal workplace investigations.
The events brought together the expertise of several Phillips Lytle attorneys practicing law across several areas. The presenters included:
- James R. Grasso, Partner – Jim represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law. He defends employers against workplace-related lawsuits, including those involving employment discrimination and harassment claims, wage and hour violations, breach of contract, whistleblower claims and wrongful termination. His experience includes conducting workplace investigations and counseling employers on workplace compliance issues, employee discipline, workplace policies and practices, employee confidentiality and non-compete agreements, wage and hour issues, leave issues and reasonable accommodation of disabled employees. Jim also defends management against union organizing campaigns and unfair labor practice charges, and represents management in collective bargaining negotiations and labor arbitrations.
- Amanda L. Lowe, Partner and Co-Leader of Phillips Lytle’s Education Practice Team – Amanda concentrates her practice in civil litigation matters before federal and state courts, administrative tribunals and appellate courts. Her varied practice includes bad faith insurance disputes, business and commercial litigation, breach of contract, construction disputes, class action defense, data security breaches, estate and trust litigation, health care litigation and personal injury matters. Amanda leverages her litigation and trial experience to assist clients in pre-litigation risk management and mitigation efforts. She also serves as a chief legal advisor to educational institutions and affiliated entities on both overall strategic initiatives and day-to-day operations.
- Kevin J. Mulvehill, Partner, Rochester Office Leader and Leader of the Labor & Employment Practice Team – Kevin’s practice is business-oriented and broad-based. He focuses his practice in the areas of labor and employment law and litigation; wage and hour law and litigation; class and collective actions; commercial litigation; and corporate law. He provides counsel and strongly advocates on behalf of clients, including executives and public- and private-sector entities such as universities, hospitals, manufacturers, law firms, accounting firms, retail companies, cannabis companies, sports organizations, auto dealerships, hospitality companies, not-for-profits, municipalities and business processing outsourcing companies.
- James R. O’Connor, Senior Associate – Jim focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation, including contract disputes, business torts, securities litigation, and fraudulent conveyance. In addition, he also practices in labor and employment, including discrimination, retaliation and ERISA litigation. His experience includes conducting workplace investigations and counseling businesses on employee benefits, risk management and compliance.
- Mark F. Pincelli, Associate – Mark concentrates his practice in the area of commercial litigation, as well as labor and employment law. He also has experience litigating medical malpractice matters.
- Linda T. Prestegaard, Partner – Linda advises employers on the full range of employment and workplace issues and represents them in federal and state courts and agency proceedings. She handles wage and hour collective and class actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act and New York Labor Law, as well as investigations and actions by federal and state Departments of Labor. She represents management in labor law matters, including conducting training regarding concerted activity, union awareness and campaigns, collective bargaining, labor arbitrations, National Labor Relations Board proceedings and Labor Management Relations Act litigations. Linda also has extensive experience investigating claims of and providing training to prevent harassment, discrimination and workplace misconduct.
- Nicholas Fedorka, Associate – Nicholas concentrates his practice on a broad range of litigation matters including labor and employment, mass torts, environmental law, premises liability, municipal liability, commercial litigation, complex construction accidents and contract disputes.
Phillips Lytle LLP is a premier regional law firm that is recognized nationally for its legal excellence. With offices across New York State and in Chicago, IL; Washington, D.C.; and Canada, our attorneys serve a multinational client base, including Fortune 1000 companies, global and regional financial institutions, not-for-profit organizations, middle-market companies, startups, entrepreneurs and individuals on important matters affecting their businesses and personal wealth. For more information, visit phillipslytle.com.