Phillips Lytle’s M&A Law Practice is comprised of highly accomplished and knowledgeable attorneys, several of whom are listed in The Best Lawyers in America®. Furthermore, we have been included in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business for outstanding capabilities in mergers and acquisitions.
This team brings the requisite expertise and experience to assist a wide variety of domestic and foreign clients with business combination transactions. Our experience includes traditional acquisitions, divestitures and mergers, as well as restructurings, recapitalizations, management buyouts and joint ventures.
Our M&A Law attorneys manage each transaction in a multi-disciplinary fashion, working closely with our Tax, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, Banking & Financial Services, Environmental, and Real Estate Teams.
A few of the many ways in which we facilitate the acquisition process include:
- Introducing firms considering an acquisition to potential acquisition candidates and finance sources
- Performing legal due diligence reviews with special emphasis on environmental, tax, litigation, labor and employment, employee benefits, real estate, FCPA/antibribery, and international trade compliance concerns
- Preparing letters of intent, term sheets and other preliminary documents
- Acting as either lead negotiator or a member of the negotiating team
- Coordinating and assisting with transaction financing arrangements
- Analyzing tax planning and transaction structure to ensure maximum tax and other benefits
- Coordinating foreign counsel, environmental consultants, insurance advisors, accountants and investment bankers
- Drafting and negotiating transaction documents
- Providing legal support for post-closing and transitional activities
Our M&A Law Team has represented both synergistic, strategic clients and private equity groups in business-combination transactions spanning a broad spectrum of industries.
- Financial services organizations, such as investment advisers, banks, collection agencies, student loan providers, automotive finance, mortgage brokers, international trading services and trade financing, dollar clearing and money transfer services
- Health care organizations, including hospitals, physician practices, ambulatory surgery centers, skilled nursing facilities, imaging centers, third-party administrators and durable medical equipment providers
- Real estate entities, including real estate investment trusts (REITs), hotels and resort complexes, restaurants, real estate brokerages and other commercial real estate businesses
- Consulting and service firms, including international consulting firms, engineering firms, advertising agencies and insurance advisors
- Manufacturing businesses, including machine tools, material-handling equipment, automotive products, aerospace components, plastic fabrication and injection products, HVAC appliances, appliance parts, medical products, cosmetics, furniture and computer equipment
- Food service companies, including food product distributors, manufacturers and processors
- General service providers, such as school transportation, defense contracting, environmental remediation, medical testing laboratories, and government research and development
- Post-secondary proprietary education providers
The M&A Law Team at Phillips Lytle has the expertise, industry knowledge and experience to assist our clients with nearly any issue that may arise before, during or after a merger or acquisition. This, combined with our track record of excellent, cost-effective service, makes Phillips Lytle an excellent choice to assist clients with their U.S. mergers and acquisitions.
Phillips Lytle has been recognized four years in a row by Chambers USA© for excellence in Corporate/M&A.