Ms. Shah is a Partner in the Litigation Group. She focuses her practice on complex federal, state, multidistrict and international products liability litigation concerning pharmaceuticals and biologics.
Ms. Shah also handles products liability litigation involving industrial and consumer products, Federal Tort Claims Act suits and commercial litigation, including disputes involving National Park Service concessioners and other government contractors.
As a member of the firm’s Crisis Response & Management Team, Ms. Shah has presented on crisis planning and has counseled clients on crisis management, privilege issues and internal and external crisis communications.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Shah served as a trial attorney in the Federal Tort Claims Act Office of the U.S. Department of Justice, where she defended the United States Government in a wide range of tort cases. She also served as a judicial clerk for two federal judges.
Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
Honors & Awards
- Erie County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project, Inc., 2014 Litigation Award
- Honoree of the New York State Bar Association Empire State Counsel® Program for Pro Bono Work, 2013
- Morgan Prize for Best Student Note, 1996
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Williams College, B.A., cum laude, 1993
- Johns Hopkins University, Candidate for M.S. in Regulatory Science
- Hon. William M. Skretny, U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, 2011
- Hon. Robert L. Echols, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, 1996-1998
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Defense Research Institute
- National Park Hospitality Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Explore & More Children’s Museum, Board Member, 2013-2016
- International Rett Syndrome Foundation, Hustle for a Cure, 2009, 2010, 2013
- Vanderbilt Law Review, Managing Editor