FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 19, 2018
Oliver F. Hays
Phillips Lytle LLP
PHILLIPS LYTLE LLP ATTORNEY BRENDAN S. LILLIS TO SPEAK AT COMMUNITECH DATA HUB DATA SESSIONS
Buffalo, N.Y. – Phillips Lytle Attorney Brendan S. Lillis will speak at the Communitech
DataHub in Waterloo, ON on February 21st. The Data Hub Session, titled “Data Residency and the EU GDPR,” will take place from Noon to 1:00 p.m. followed by a 30-minute question-and-answer session.
Mr. Lillis will discuss what businesses need to do before the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) becomes enforceable in May 2018. The talk will place an emphasis on how service providers located outside of the EU can prepare for the GDPR.
Topics to be covered include:
- The importance of conducting an internal information audit and creating a data map;
- Identifying a legal basis for processing personal data, and complying with consent requirements;
- Understanding data protection by design;
- Negotiating contracts involving EU resident data transfer; and
- Developing internal company policies for compliance.
For more information, or to register, visit https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/data-hub-sessions-data-residency-and-the-eu-gdpr-tickets-43039911534?aff=tenants.